FAQs & Ordering Info
We love fish and it shows in our products. Check out our latest offerings fresh from the sea in Southeast Alaska.
All fish are hook & line caught by Eric and Malena. Each fish is cleaned at sea, placed on ice, and brought to Petersburg for expert processing and shipping. Fillets are blast frozen to -40 degrees, and vacuum sealed in approximately 1 lb. portions.
Available now. A succulent mix of halibut cheeks, lingcod, & rockfish in 10 or 25 lb shares. Order shore-to-door via UPS or join a buying club and save big.
Our most popular fish - delicious & economical. Reserve your share before July 1 for earlybird pricing. Ships mid-summer through fall. We sell coho in 5, 10, and 25 lb shares.
The finest in wild Pacific salmon. Reserve your share before July 1 for earlybird pricing. Ships midsummer through fall. We sell kings in 5, 10, and 25 lb shares.
Our favorite of the white fishes! Perfect for fish & chips, entrees & curries. Available now. We sell lingcod in 5, 10, and 25 lb shares, or get it as part of our Fish Mix above.
HOW do I Buy?
- Buying club shares: Our most economical option. Get 10% off your share if you pull together friends for a bulk order of 100+ lbs and pick up at an Alaska Airlines terminal. Start your own, or join an existing club in: Maui, HI; Ashland, OR; Yreka, CA; Missoula, MT; Columbia, MO; Houston, TX; Seattle, WA
- Shore to door shares: We ship UPS direct to you.
- Fish freezer pick up, currently available on scheduled days in Ashland, OR & Oakland CA. Want to be a fish freezer hub in your town? Let us know!
- Locals discount & free delivery by bicycle to locals, sailors, yachties, small cruise ships, and research vessels in Petersburg, Alaska. Take 10% off the buying club price.
- Wholesale discounts available for regular customers purchasing in quantity.
Is FROZEN the FRESHEST?
Did you know that blast freezing fish immediately after harvest is the best way to lock in the freshest flavor and quality? Don't just take our word for it, check out this red hot info sheet from Ecotrust.
How much fish should I buy?
People often ask how far a given quantity of fish will go. We find that if you prepare fish a few times per week you can easily go through 50-100 lbs in a winter for a family of 2-4 people. Our individually wrapped fillets range in size from 2-3 portions. Malena finds you can usually fit about 25 lbs of fillets into an average partially-stocked fridge freezer, more if you're willing to clear out those old stouffers dinners for some extra space.
WHY should I know my fisherman?
If you're a health conscious eater, you know salmon is some of the very best food you can put in your body. This is why you treat yourself to yummy fillets when you're at the supermarket - but do you know where those fish came from? Do you know how much the fishermen were paid or what practices they use aboard their vessel?
There's no way you can tell because modern industrial seafood processing mixes up fish from all over the place, caught at all different times, and by all sorts of people. Up to 95% of the money you pay goes to the middlemen, and not to the people out working the waters.
Now, when you buy our fish, you know exactly who caught it and we can even tell you precisely where it was caught. By direct marketing our fish, we put more care and attention to each fish because we can get a higher price per pound.
Also, because we use hook and line, we process our fish immediately after they're hooked. Connoisseurs can taste the difference, and everyone can feel good about supporting a family business putting quality over quantity.
To make a long story short, if you're going to buy salmon & seafood anyway - why not get it direct from people you can trust?